Wow! The cold blast from last week has reminded me how cold last winter was.
It hasn’t gotten quite that cold here yet. I think out lowest was 18f still that is pretty cold for us. No snow yet. I don’t really enjoy snow. It is so cold! It also damages things and makes more work. I try not to be too much a grinch about it because it is beautiful and everyone else loves it! Let’s just say I like to enjoy snow from inside next to the fire with a cup of hot coffee!
This post is supposed to be about Produce! I better get to it. Here is what we have this week!
Please read the last paragraph for ordering info.
Don’t forget to take a look at our handicrafts and preserved foods pages for more of our products. The items on those pages have their own prices that are calculated separately from your produce box.
A produce box consists of 5 items from the list below and costs a total of $20.
- Carrots (1 bunch) Contains at least 10 carrots
- Green onions (1 bunch, 8-10 green onions)
- Leeks (1 bunch, 5 or 6 leeks)
- Butternut Squash ( 1 medium Squash, 3-4 pounds)
- Spaghetti Squash (1 medium Squash, 2-3 pounds)
- Hubbard Squash (1 medium Squash)
- Sweet Meat Squash (1 medium Squash)
- Pie Pumpkin (2-3 pounds)
- Shiitake Mushrooms 1/2 Pound
If you cannot find five items you can order one or two as well! Just let me know and I will get back to you with your total. The squash are a bargain right now, it is a great time to get some.